Friday, December 26, 2014

2015 ATP Predictions


Au revoir 2014, G'day 2015.



I broke my hand and so I did what any sensible tennis player would -- I withdrew from Paris and the Davis Cup, but I am back and rehabbing in the off-season. I shall now do the year end top ten ATP predictions for next year (in alphabetical order):

*2015 ATP YEAR-END TOP 10 PREDICTIONS*
Berdych
Dimitrov
Djokovic
Federer
Monfils
Murray
Nishikori
Raonic
Tsonga
Wawrinka

...Monfils and Tsonga appear to be on the rise. The rest are fairly self explanatory. I think Nadal's body is gone. I just don't trust him anymore. I think Nadal is on a downward trend now and not because of a lack of form. His body is breaking. I cannot see him being there for a whole season again ever. And what if he misses March to June? He will fall out of the top ten almost certainly.

*FOUR MORE TO PONDER*
Gulbis, Tomic, Haas & Pospisil

...Gulbis and Tomic are like walking question marks. I think both win titles and have success next year, but it is a question of how and when, not if, they fall off the rails. Also, let us all hope John Tomic stays away. Haas is an amazing competitor and a great guy. I hope he makes another comeback and once more brings a certain retro freshness to the tour. As for Pospisil, he went missing in action. I want to see how he does now that he is a “name.”

And now my slightly different grand slam outlooks...

AO: Federer v. Djokovic
RG: Nadal d. surprise [Dimitrov?]
WI: Federer v. Raonic
US: Djokovic v. Nadal



Here are some outrageous predictions. Please enjoy.

=============================
Federer wins two majors and puts himself out of reach with regards to Nadal's major chase.
=============================
Nadal doesn't win the French Open. One year it has to happen again.
=============================
Wawrinka wins three Masters 1000s and helps the Swiss win another Davis Cup
=============================
Murray doesn't make a slam semi-final anywhere
=============================
Del Potro comes back, makes a good run at Wimbledon, wins some titles and makes a big run at the U.S. Open.
=============================
Fognini goes five straight tournaments with no controversy
=============================
Gasquet retires at the end whilst in the top twenty.
=============================
Sampras decides to do a little freelance coaching. Perhaps with Raonic or maybe Harrison.
=============================
Cilic pulls an Ivanisevic and slowly loses relevancy.
=============================
The U.S. Open finally goes through one whole tournament with no organizational errors
=============================

I will have one more quick update on my [loaned out] ATP Page. Apart from that, I will see you in January and merry Christmas to you and yours. Looking forward to a new year and new drama.

Galileo

Oh, before I forget, if you're reading this someplace unusual then go visit WTA BACKSPIN, too. :)

Read Galileo's WTA picks as part of WTA Backspin's "Prediction Blowout" here.

Read more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home